This workshop is meant to give the
participants insight in the idea of Blended learning. The basic
question in the workshop is “how can you use IT to improve your education?”.
- The educational functions and examples of software relevant for higher education are presented.
- The workshop is presented in the format of a Moodle course. Moodle is a digital learning
environment which is used in many countries. The participants learn how to use some basic
functions in Moodle.
- Important requirements that have to be fulfilled to turn blended learning in a success will be discussed
- In the workshop the participants will redesign one of their courses or a part of their course in a
course with the help of systematic course redesign procedure.
Each of 4 - 6 teachers will redesign one
of their courses in a blended learning course.
The teachers prepare a pilot project to develop, implement and evaluate their complete
blended learning course.
They will follow the systematic redesign procedure exercised in the workshop Blended Learning and Moodle.
Because the design task of the participants is more comprehensive compared with the design task in the Moodle
course Blended Learning and Moodle some additional activities are included.
Also, the pilot projects are meant:
- To show the other teachers what a blended learning course might look like and to give insight in the
practical experiences of the students and the teachers.
- To decide how the other teachers could and should be supported in designing and developing
a blended learning course.
- To show which requirements should be fulfilled to make the implementation of blended learning
a success. For example, requirements about the ICT-infrastructure, the available support for the
teachers, the necessary support for the students.
When necessary, interesting Moodle
functions will be exercised. But the focus will be on course development
and not on the administration possibilities of Moodle.
- Teacher: Widawati Gamal
course is a follow-up of the course Preparation Pilot project Blended Learning
The participating teachers already have redesigned a part of an existing course in a Blended
Learning Course in Moodle. In this follow-up course the participating teachers redesign and
develop their complete courses so it can be implemented as a blended learning course in the
- To support the implementation, the teachers prepare a Plan for their Pilot project.
teachers follow the steps as presented in the course. They discuss the results of the course
development with one another in the Group Pilot project Blended learning and with the Blended
Learning coordinator and their manager.
- Where possible and necessary the PUM-experts(s) support the participants through internet.
course is a combination of self-study, cooperation between the teachers and